If you are looking for the Social Justice Team guide, it can be found here:
Inspired by the ACRL Diversity Standards, the Equity, Diversity, And Social Justice Team serves the University of Washington Bothell and Cascadia College campuses. The purpose of the team is to conduct trainings and facilitate discussions among librarians, staff, and studentworkers to develop cultural competencies; and to critically reflect on library practices to make use of library facilities, resources, and services optimal for users of diverse backgrounds, circumstances, and experiences. We are open to new ideas, and would love to hear from other libraries about their efforts to support diversity among their constituents!
From the Campus Library Strategic Directions:
The Library serves one of the most ethnically diverse higher education communities in the state. We seek to provide culturally relevant services and resources that reflect the diversity of our user community and we work to foster an inclusive organizational structure in which staff from all different backgrounds can thrive. As cultural competency is not intuitive and must be learned, library staff will regularly and continuously expand their understanding of the impact of culture on behavior, attitudes, and values, and the help-seeking behaviors of diverse constituent groups. From: ACRL Cultural Compentency Standards: http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/diversity
GOAL: Support Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Provide instructional services inclusive of the diverse perspectives and needs of the campus communities served.
- Deliver instruction that is inclusive of a variety of teaching and learning styles, and cultural backgrounds.
- Encourage diverse inquiry-based and creative processes for engaging students in research.
- Value cultural ways of knowing through respect for non-dominant or non-Western thought and modes of knowledge production.
- Participate in professional development, educational opportunities, and critical reflection that help advance cultural competence of the librarians and staff within the program.
The ACRL Diversity Committee released the "Diversity Standards: Cultural Competency for Academic Libraries" in 2012. With strong support from our administration and clear guidelines from the standards, the University of Washington (UW)-Bothell and Cascadia Community College Campus Library Diversity Team formed in the autumn of 2012, concerned with forging authentic connections based on shared values and experiences among team members, library staff, and our community as a whole. This article describes our consensus-centered model, the design process and content of our trainings, our assessment philosophy and methods, and our relationship-building focus on campus.
Lazzaro, A.E., Mills, S., Garrard, T., Ferguson, E., Watson, M., & Ellenwood, D. (2014). Cultural competency on campus Applying ACRL’s Diversity Standards. College and Research Libraries News, 75(6), 332–335.