Welcome to the English 131 Student Research Guide! Here's what's in the guide:
- Intro to the UW Libraries- learn about the UW Libraries including library locations and how to study from home
- Research Topics - learn how to define a research topic, generate search terms, and develop a research question
- Background Resources- links to encyclopedias, dictionaries, and more
- Books - learn how to search WorldCat to find books in the UW Libraries and beyond
- Articles - links to journal and newspaper databases.
- Annotated Bibliographies - learn what an annotated bibliography is and how to write one
- Evaluating Resources - learn how to determine whether or not a resource is appropriate for your research
- Citations - learn how to cite your resources
- Getting Help - information about getting research help from librarians and useful links for resources.