Skip to main content
- Medieval Women: An Interactive Exploration -"Hosted by McMaster University, this interesting site brings together primary sources, commentary by scholars, interactive features, and music to explore the world of medieval European women."
- The Julian of Norwich Website -"The Julian Website is an Internet version of the Julian Library Portfolio, a collection of contemplative booklets which began as a series of lectures given to Quakers on Medieval Mystics. These booklets are intended for contemplatives, scholars and Godfriends everywhere and are available on the Internet and as hard copy hand-sewn and bound fascicles. They are graded as to whether most useful for general, scholarly or contemplative readers - but transgress those boundaries!"
- The Lais of Marie de France
- Feminae: Medieval Women & Gender Index - "The Medieval Feminist Index covers journal articles, book reviews, and essays in books about women, sexuality, and gender during the Middle Ages.... Books written by a single author are not indexed in MFI."
- Matrix: Resources for the Study of Women's Religious Communities - An "archival website about Christian religious women of the European Middle Ages (500-1500)."
- Women Writers of the Middle Ages - Robbins Library at Univ. of Rochester
General Guides and Resources
- A Companion to Medieval Literature and Culture, c. 1350-c. 1500 - PR255 .C653 2007
- The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Women’s Writing - PN682.W6 C36 2003 & Online
- Women Writers of the middle Ages - PN670 .D76 1984 & Online
- Women and Writing in Medieval Europe: A Sourcebook - PN682.W6 L37 1995
- Medieval women's writing : works by and for women in England, 1100-1500 - PR275.W6 W38 2007
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- A Biographical Dictionary of English Women Writers, 1580-1720 PR113 .B46 1990
- The Cambridge history of medieval English literature
- The Cambridge History of Medieval English Literature (print copy) PR255 .C35 1999
- A Dictionary of Medieval Terms and Phrases DA 129 .C67 2004
- Encyclopedia of Medieval Literature PN669 .E53 2000
- Medieval Folklore: An Encyclopedia of Myths, Legends, Tales, Beliefs, and Customs GR35 .M43 2000 v.1-2
Medieval Women Journals
- Medieval Feminist Newsletter - The journal of the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship (SMFS).