[Include the categories below on both Staffweb and LibGuide. LibGuide categories should be brief. Use Staffweb to describe in more detail for internal audience. This is where Subject Librarians can leave collection notes about collecting guidelines, focus, etc.]
- Primary Emphasis : Materials covering Indus Valley Civilization era (3300 to 1300 BCE) to the present.
- Department of South Asian Studies:Research emphasis is on the late modern era (19th-21st centuries); teaching also includes Vediic period, through to Moghul Empire, British rule and Independent South Asian countries.
- Political Science and International Studies: Interest in materials on 20th and 21st centuries
- History: Emphasis on cultural history of early modern South Asia, 1500-1800 including History of Medieval and Mughal India, to classes in Environmental History.
- Religion: Emphasis on on Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikkhism and Islam.
- Primary Emphasis India and Pakistan
- Secondary Emphasis: Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan and Nepal.
- Out of scope: Maldives
- Primary Emphasis is on materials in English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Sanskrit and Prakrit.
- Secondary Emphasis : All other South Asian Languages such as Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Odiya etc. are represented.
- Tertiary Emphasis : European and other Asian languages also included as appropriate.
- Books, periodicals, manuscripts, media (primarily DVDs, CDs and audio recordings), microforms (for some antiquarian material and archival collections), maps.
Do not buy:
- Textbooks , Sciences., Law, Medicine