- Theses can be available online, as print copies, or in both formats.
- Note: For the most complete listing of UW theses that are archived online, visit the ResearchWorks Archive. There may be a digital copy of a thesis even if it does not appear in UW Libraries Search, particularly in the case of older theses.
- You can confirm that the item you are looking for is a thesis in several ways. If it is a print thesis, the location information may confirm you are looking at a thesis. You can also click on the Item details tab to look at the subject and publisher information for further confirmation.
- Filter your search to online items only by clicking on "Full Text Online."
- Click "Access Options" for more information.
- Click on the link next to "Content available" to access the online thesis/dissertation.
- To see more information, click on the "Availability & Request Options" tab. This includes information on whether the item is available for checkout and where it can be found in the library. In this case, the thesis can be found in one of two places.