|for finding broad, more comprehensive information on your topic|
|books can be found by searching UW Libraries Search. They can be print and electronic. Print books are located on the first (A-G & Children's/YA) and second (H-Z) floors in the Tioga Library Building; online books are accessed through UW Libraries Search.|
|type in your title or keywords related to your topic in the library catalog.|
Tips for Searching:
Once you've run a search, use the "Refine My Results" options on the left side of the page. It's a quick way to drill down to the most useful results without paging through a lot of items you're not really interested in. Options often include:
All books at UW Tacoma Library are located within the Tioga Library Building.
To retrieve the book, find the call number and write it down.
1. Type your title or topic into UW Libraries Search.
2. If UW Tacoma Library does not own the book, click Availability & Request Options and choose the request options provided.
3. You will receive an email to your UW account when the items is ready to be picked-up at the Service Desk (library circulation) in the Tioga Library Building.
NOTE: Request options are different depending on the location of the resource and resource type.
2. Click and enter your NetId and password.
3. Click a New Request option based on the type of resource you need.
NOTE: To request a journal article, click on Request a Scan.
4. Fill in all required fields for your request.
5. Click Submit Request.
NOTE: You will receive an email with a link to your requested materials when they are available.