New users must first create an account in order to use RefWorks
- When you come to the login screen, click to Sign up for a New Account (Note: off-campus users may first need to authenticate with the UW group code -- see the box at right)
- Fill in all fields in the Account Creation box
- Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field (does not need to be your UW email)
- Click on the Create Account button to finish.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login, password, and the Group Access Code for off-campus access.
You can create multiple RefWorks accounts -- for multiple group projects, or for multiple research projects you'd like to keep separate. Each UW RefWorks account must have a unique login name.
You must log in to each of your UW RefWorks accounts at least once a year to keep them active; accounts that have been dormant for more than a year are subject to deletion without notice.