Skip to main content
Consumer Health & Patient Education
- MedLine Plus in English | Español | more languages | A great consumer health site brought to you by the National Library of Medicine. Features herbal and supplement articles from an evidence-based, peer-reviewed collection of over 100 monographs in English and Spanish. MedLine Plus Magazine (in pdf format).
- PubMed Health: Information on diseases, conditions, drugs, treatment options, and healthy living, with a special focus on comparative effectiveness research from institutions around the world. PubMed Health is produced by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a division of the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- Healthfinder: Searchable consumer health and information and services information from the National Health Information Center, US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Health Care and You: This site provides information about the Affordable Healthcare Act. The coalition that manages this site includes organizations that represent consumers, patients, physicians, nurses, hospitals and pharmacists.
- Health News Review: Newspaper and magazine health coverage is reviewed and rated on this site. This site is published by Gary Schwitzer who is a professor in the school of journalism at The University of Minnesota.
- Health Topics A to Z: From the National Institutes of Health: US Department of Health and Human Services this site offers links to a wide range of resources. Can also see the alphabetical listing of health topics. Click on the news tab for NIH press releases and can also search the news release archive.
- Health IT: Health Information Technology with info for Patients & Families, and Providers & Professionals. From the Office of Health & Human Services: Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
- T.R.I.P. Patient Information Leaflets. (Turning Research Into Practice) UK evidence-based practice search engine.