News, Evaluation, More Guides
Washington County and State Government Web Sites
National Government and Organization Web Sites
- Choose My Plate.gov Click on the different parts of the plate to see more info on that type of food. Tours, tips, guidelines, related links, worksheets, portion sizes, and education materials.
- Eating well with Canada's food guide, in PDF format. By Health Canda.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans -- Published jointly every 5 years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA). The Guidelines provide advice for people two years and older.
- Nutrition.gov is a portal to nutrition information across the agencies of the Federal Government. Resources also include information on food safety, figures for American food consumption and links to fitness and disease prevention web sites.
- Know Your Farmer Know Your Food -- Information and resources provided by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Eat Right: The Academy Nutrition and Dietetics: The world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Nutrition Information Center: Information and resources provided by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Nutrition topics page from the Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce organization site that includes links to federal and international data, professional and research organizations that focus on nutrition issues, legislation and policy issues, and more.
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- American Heart Association (AHA). This site includes information about Healthier Kids, No Fad Diets, and Physical Activity.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
International Web Sites
Food Safety - Government and Organization Web Sites
Culinary History Web Sites
- The Food Timeline - This site includes information on culinary history as well a food timeline that ranges from pre-history to the present. Maintained by the Morris County Public Library in New Jersey.
- Feeding America: The Historic American Cookbook Project: American cookbooks from the late 18th to early 20th century. Digital images of the pages of each cookbook are available as well as full-text transcriptions and the ability to search within the books, or across the collection, in order to find specific information. Maintained by Michigan State University Library and the MSU Museum.
- Anthropology of Food is bilingual academic webjournal in French and English produced and published by a network of European academic researchers sharing a common intellectual interest in the social science of food.