Search by title in the UW Libraries Search system to either locate these titles, or see what is new.
Located in the Information Commons, on the 1st floor of the Library, this collection contains books on topics that lend themselves to an argument of some kind. Many contain overviews of the issue, along with summaries of the key positions (and the individuals who promote or refute them). Two series that cover a broad range of subjects are "Opposing Viewpoints" and "Contemporary World Views."
This sample list is organized by the call number and publication year.
- Obesity: Opposing Viewpoints. RA645.O23 O22 2011
- Girls and sports: Opposing Viewpoints. GV709 .G26 2010
- Agricultural subsidies: Opposing viewpoints. HD1415 .A3223 2010
- Factory Farming: Opposing viewpoints. SF140.L58 F33 2010
- Endangered oceans: Opposing Viewpoints. GC1018 .E528 2009
- Modern sports ethics: A reference handbook. GV706.3 .L84 2009 from the Contemporary World Issues series.
- Malnutrition: Opposing viewpoints. HV696.F6 M343 2009
- Tobacco and smoking: Opposing Viewpoints. HV5760 .T62 2009
- Genetic engineering: opposing viewpoints. 2009
- Vaccines. QW 805 V11622 2009 from the Current Controversies series.
- Child athletes. GV709.2 .C45 2008
- Global resources: opposing viewpoints. HC85 .G58 2008
- Alcohol: opposing viewpoints. HV5066 .A39 2008
- Food. TX360.U6 F62 2008 from the Current Controversies series.
- Performance enhancing drugs. QT 261 P438 2008 from the At Issue series
- Food safety. TX531 .S623 2008 from the Point/Counterpoint series.
- Dieting. WD 212 D565 2008 from the Issues that Concern You series.
- Food safety : a reference handbook. TX531 .R44 2007 from the Contemporary World Issues series.
- Eating Disorders: opposing viewpoints. WM 175 E14619 2007