Official Washington State government portal web site.
- Access Washington This site is searchable.
- State of Washington Data Book - Provides diverse Washington data about people, the economy and government. The data comes from state and federal agencies as well as private business. Contents areas include: population, economy, state government finance, human services, criminal justice, education, natural resources, environment, energy, transportation and local government and special districts.
City, Town and County information: including population, structure of government, major employers, budget, links to city guides, chambers of commerce, information, housing and more.
- County Data from the Washington State Office of Financial Management. Each county profile includes the following sections: general information, economy, finance, criminal justice, human services, and population.
- Community Health Status Indicators from the CDC. An interactive web application that produces health profiles for all 3,143 counties in the United States.
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, from the University of Wisconsin's Population Health Institute. An annual measure of health factors, including high school graduation rates, obesity, smoking, unemployment, access to healthy foods, the quality of air and water, income, and teen births in nearly every county in America.
- Cities and Towns page on the Access Washington site. These pages may link you to official city guides, visitors guides and chambers of commerce sites. These linked guides may include major employers, city departments and structures of governments.
- Washington State Chamber of Commerce Directory. Or search Google for your community's Chamber of Commerce web site.
- Statistical Resources for Washington Local Governments
- Washington Timber Harvest Reports, index of annual reports which include county data
- King County and the Public Health web sites. Public Health Data, Publications and Reports page. Health services provided by King County government.
- Skagit County and the Public Health web sites. Public Health Programs and Services Guide pages.
- Snohomish County Home Page and the Health District web sites. Data & Reports page.
- Seattle Community Network (website being repaired as of Jan. 2017). Includes organizations and web sites for activism, housing (and homelessness), social services and much more.
- Low Income Apartments Search by city, state or zip code, or Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Washington State including many housing programs all from the from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Proquest Statistical Insight - UW Restricted. Provides abstracts and indexes of statistical information from over 100,000 U.S. government publications since 1973, state and private sources since 1980, and about 2,000 documents from international organizations since 1983.
Population Information - Washington State - Counties and Cities Information
Population Information from the US Census
- American FactFinder from the Dept. of the US Census. The American Community Survey is searchable by state, county, town/city, or zip code. Includes Age distribution; Sex ratio; Racial/ethnic characteristics; Occupation, income, education; Per capita income; Mean family income; Percentage at poverty level; Percentage receiving public assistance; Unemployment rate; Occupational categories; Percentage of population over 25 completed high school; ant the Percentage completed college age.
- FedStats - Federal Government statistics locator. Links to 100+ US Government agencies that produce statistics of interest to the public. Site maintained by Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy. Subjects are listed alphabetically or can be searched individually to find relevant statistics.
It is not always obvious which agency of the government produces statistics, for their responsibilities sometimes overlap.
- More Census Statistics A list of Census Bureau statistics by topic. Also possible to perform word searches. Includes general and health-related statistics.
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S. - UW Restricted. Formerly a publication of the U.S. Census Bureau and now published by ProQuest, contains a "comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States."