Some information your annotation
- What is the author's thesis and main points?
- Who is the author, what is his/her authority or
- Who is the author’s intended audience?
- What parts of the subject does the source emphasize or
- Is there any bias or slant in the source?
- Are there any obvious omissions that seem important to
the ideas being discussed?
- Does the evidence clearly support the author’s main
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the source
Visit the Evaluating
Sources guide for information on how to critically evaluate sources
for your annotations.