Skip to main content
Let me know you're interested!
Please send me an email to let me know you're interested in furthering the use of Open Educational Resources at the University of Washington.
OER-related Work and the UW
UW has engaged in numerous institutional efforts related to OER:
- UW IT Study of E-Textbooks (2013)
- ASUW (2014) and GPSS (2015) pass resolutions supporting open textbooks
- WashPIRG joins with the Libraries in an (unfnded) 2014/15 STF proposal: Driving Open Textbook Adoption
- UW Libraries joins the Open Textbook Network (Summer 2015)
- UW Libraries creates the Open Educational Resources Steering Committee (Fall 2015)
- UW Libraries hosts David Ernst and Sarah Cohen from the Open Textbook Network for a full day series of workshops on adopting OER (January 2016)
- UW Libraries participated in the February 3rd WashPIRG release event (Seattle Times Article) for the U.S. PIRG national report on textbook affordability, called "Covering the Cost" (February 2016)
- A Friends of the UW Libraries Grant funded UW faculty to create two new open textbooks through the Rebus Community (June 2016)
- UW Libraries participated in a panel discussion of "Open Educational Resources and Open Textbooks at the UW," at the UW Board of Regents meetings (May 2017)
- Financial Strategy for Public Managers by Sharon Kioko and Justin Marlowe was the first Rebus Community-supported open textbook project to be published (October 2017)
- UW Libraries participated in the January 25th WashPIRG release event for the U.S. PIRG national report "Open 101: An Action Plan for Affordable Textbooks" (January 2018)
Are you currently creating or adopting OER (including open textbooks), or interested in doing so? Please email me so I can let you know when I learn of any applicable pilot projects, opportunities for stipends and/or grant funding, and interesting collaborative efforts.
Coordinator for Access Services
UW Libraries | UW Bothell/CCC Library | UW Tacoma Library | Health Sciences Library | Gallagher Law Library | Privacy | Terms