Affiliate Faculty Appointment:
- UWB School of Nursing & Health Studies, 2007-Present.
- Awarded the Affiliate Faculty Award (May, 2017).
Recent Publications, Presentations, and Programs:
- Authors: Phelps, S., Hyde, L., Fritz, R., Wilson, M., & Vela, K. Editors: Phelps, S., & Planchon Wolf, J. (2018). The intersection: Where evidence-based nursing and information literacy meet. Oxford: Chandos Publishing. Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Intersection-Evidence-Nursing-Information-Literacy/dp/0081012829/
- Presented "E-Resources for Evidence-Based Practice." April 21, 2016 at the Ambulatory Care Nursing Conference in Lynnwood, WA. Library web guide located online at http://guides.lib.uw.edu/bothell/EResourcesEBP
- Phelps, S., Hyde, L., & Planchon Wolf, J. (2015). Introducing Information Literacy Competency Standards for Nursing. Nurse Educator, 40(6), 278-280. DOI: 10.1097/NNE.0000000000000170
- Presented "E-Resources for Evidence-Based Practice." April 23, 2015 at the Ambulatory Care Nursing Conference in Lynnwood, WA.
- Phelps, S., Planchon Wolf, J. & Hyde, L. Co-presented and co-authored contributed paper titled, "Beyond Embedding: Integrating the Standards of Librarianship with Discipline Values and Accreditation." March 27, 2015 at the Association of College and Research Libraries Conference in Portland, OR.
- Co-presented a poster session with Loree Hyde titled, "No Bluffing -- The Nursing Information Literacy Competency Standards are on the Table!" June 28 & 30, 2014 at the American Libraries Association national conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- (Phelps, S., Hyde, L., & Planchon Wolf, J.), [No author]. (2014). Teaching Tips - Mapping to the ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Nursing. Located online at http://healthsciencesinterestgroup.wikispaces.com/file/view/TeachingTips.pdf/
- Phelps, S., Hyde, L., & Planchon Wolf, J. (2013). Information literacy competency standards for nursing. Association of College and Research Libraries: Health Sciences Interest Group.
- Web page: http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/nursing
- Article: Information literacy competency standards for nursing: Approved by the ACRL Board of Directors, October 2013. (2014, Jan.) College and Research Library News, 75(1), 34-41.
- Co-Presenter, Panel Discussion. "Sharing is Caring: Creation of Information Literacy Standards for the Nursing Community." Oct. 24-25, 2013, at the ACRL Washington and Oregon Joint Conference.
- Co-Presenter, Workshops. “(Anti-)Plagiarism 101 Workshop” for Cascadia Community College faculty on Sept. 18, 2013. Bibliography I created and presented.
- Bringing the Immersion Program Back Home program at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago on July 11, 2009. Chair of the planning committee.
- ACRL President's Program -- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions on June 30, 2008. Co-chair of the planning committee.
- Co-Presenter, Invited Paper. "Creating a Culture of Assessment: Cascadia Community College Student and Faculty Focus Groups." Library Assessment Conference. August 5, 2008, Seattle, Washington.
- Co-presented a poster session titled, "We're all in this boat together: A cross-campus collaboration to promote academic integrity", March 31, 2007 at the Association of College and Research Libraries national conference in Baltimore, MD.