Required and optional resources in support of the literature review matrix/spreadsheet assignment in are listed below:
- PubMed Library Guide - From the National Library of Medicine - Large health, nursing and medicine article database
- CINAHL - Best nursing and allied health article database
UW Subscription Databases
- Cochrane Library Guide - evidence-based resource databases.
- PsycINFO - best psychology article database (with the same EbscoHost interface as CINAHL).
- UpToDate - Evidence-based clinical decision support to help clinicians make sound decisions at the point of care.
- Web of Science - Large science, social sciences, and arts and humanities citation indexes.
Sites not affiliated with the UW Libraries:
- HEALWA Guide - provides evidence-based information for health care providers in Washington State
- Trip Database - meta-search engine of evidence-based information, .com site
- Google Scholar - provides peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations.
- How do I connect Google Scholar with UW Libraries? Directions for configuring Google Scholar to tell you which of your search results can be accessed for free from the UW Libraries, and will even provide a direct link to the resource in the catalog.
- Go broad with your topic if you are not finding enough articles
- Be a detective and hunt for parts of articles that you may find helpful
- If you find articles you like, make sure to take advantage of the reference lists in them. These can refer you to other articles, authors, journals, reports, web sites, etc. We call this "Reference List Mining."
- Use and (either lower case or all caps) to connect search words
- Use the Help features in the databases
- International research is respected by the faculty in this program
Contacting Julie for assistance:
- For help from on this assignment email Julie at email@example.com, or call Julie (425) 352-3452, with your topic, where you have already searched, and what you typed in when searching.
- Juile is available for individual or small group appointments. Email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up dates and times.