Skip to main content
5 Ways to Produce Effective Searches
1. Develop Your Search Strategy
2. Search using combination of indexing terms and keywords
3. Document/Save your search strategy using History or MyNCBI
- Copy or save exact search strategy (use PubMed Advanced Search/History page)
- Database Saved Search Feature, e.g. MyNCBI in PubMed
- MyNCBI, your personal space on the NLM computer, allows you to 1) save and store PubMed searches; 2) create email alerts and search filters; and 3) set preferences to personalize displays and show UW online article links.
4. Organize, annotate, and format paper or thesis bibliographies using Citation Management Software
5. Contact Your HSL Librarian for assistance
Requesting article scans
How to order a pdf of a journal article not held at UW Libraries. Also can order books sent from other libraries.
Writing Assistance at HSL
Writing tutors available at HSL on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Additional appointments available at Odegaard Library (OWRC
Citation Management Help
Get in person or virtual citation management help from Research Commons Graduate Specialists.