Skip to main content
Important Tools for Grad School & Beyond
Contact Your Librarian
I'm happy to help you with things such as:
- Literature Reviews
- Current Awareness Alerts
- Citation Managers Like EndNote
- Tracking Down Difficult-to-Find Information or Publications
Key UW Resources for Public Health Genetics Graduate Students
HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY WEBSITE
- Recommended databases, electronic journals & books, help guides, upcoming training opportunities.
- When off-campus, use library links to databases (including PubMed) and journals. You will be prompted to log in with your UW NetID so you will have access to all UW subscriptions.
- Consider setting up Husky OnNet for off-campus access.
BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES TOOLKIT
- Recommended resources for journal articles, genetic information, funding, and other research tools.
PUBLIC HEALTH TOOLKIT
- Recommended databases for journal articles, public health data, and evidence-based guidelines.
MATCHING YOUR QUESTION TO A LITERATURE DATABASE
- Biomedical research articles? Try PubMed. [PubMed help guide]
- Information in social science or biomedical articles or book chapters? Try Scopus. [Scopus help guide]
- Citation chasing - determining who cited this paper or which papers are highly cited? Try Scopus.
- Get help with writing, designing presentations, finding funding, and using citation managers.
- Participate in Scholars' Studio and practice giving a 5-minute presentation for your peers.
- Stay current with Research Commons events.