Use this guide to locate resources pertinent to the study of American literature, history, and culture. If you have questions about research methodology or specific resources for a research project, please contact the English Studies Librarian directly or use the "Ask Us" options above for assistance.
- Finding Books - resources for finding early American books.
- Encyclopedias & Dictionaries - specialized reference resources for the study of American literature.
- Finding Scholarly Journals - resources for locating scholarship on Colonial literature to 19th century and American history.
- Finding Primary Resources - resources for finding online journals, magazines, and newspapers published in the U.S. from the 1700s through early 20th Century.
- Websites- that provide secondary and primary resources.
- More English Resources - resources pertinent to the study of British and American literature, other literatures written in English, and the English language.