Skip to main content
What's in the Guide
This guide is designed as a starting point to locate and search resources useful in developing, funding, and managing a non-profit business as well as issues critical to the world of philanthropy.
- Find Articles provides a list of recommended databases to use to locate articles with information that will help you create and support your proposals. There are also search techniques and shortcuts to help save you time.
- Books provides access to the WorldCat database to locate book titles, information about the Foundation Center's Cooperating Collection at the UW Tacoma Library, and search shortcuts.
- Funding for Nonprofits lists databases to use to find funding for nonprofit grant seekers (the Foundation Directory Online [FDO] and Grantstation databases are only accessible in the UW Tacoma Library) and other locations hosting the FDO database.
- Grants for Individuals lists databases and websites for individuals, i.e., students, artists, etc. looking for funding for continued education, projects, etc.
- Statistics provides a list of websites for data to support your justification for your proposals.
- Websites lists websites with information about the world of philanthropy, a link to Google, and web searching tips.