In groups, examine your assigned periodical. As you look through the periodical, please note the following:
- Who is the audience for this periodical?
- Who authors the articles in the periodical?
- Is there a bibliography or works cited list?
- Does the periodical have an editorial review board?
- Based on your answers to these questions, make an educated guess as to whether your periodical is a scholarly journal, popular publication, or a trade publication. Be ready to share why you think it falls into this category!