1. Open your Zotero Desktop application
2. Download Zotero Connector for your browser.
3. Make sure you are logged into your browser with the email that is linked with your Zotero account.
4. Click and open the resource through the UW Libraries Search that you want a Zotero record for.
5. Click on your Zotero Connector. The appearance can vary from a page icon to a book icon depending on the resource and access that the connector has to the site.
6. Select the arrow next to "My Library" and Select the folder you want to save the record to.
7. Select Done.
8. The record now shows in your Zotero Desktop application.
1. Click on the three little dots in the right-hand part of the item record:
2. Click on Export RIS, then Download to save the RIS file to your computer:
3. To import RIS files within Zotero, go to File ----> Import; follow the prompts and navigate to RIS file you saved to your computer (it should be called something like Primo_RIS_Export.ris) and import into Zotero.
Note: These instructions are for the new Zotero 5.0, which combines the older Zotero Firefox and Zotero Standalone products. If you are still using Zotero Firefox or Zotero Standalone, we recommend that you update.