Circulation Assistant - $16.39 per hour - NO OPEN POSITIONS
Under the supervision of the Circulation Supervisors and leadership of the Access Services Manager, provide equitable, quality, user-centered service to members of a diverse campus community and to the public at the library's Information Desk. Shelves and retrieves library materials, performs routine office support functions, and assists with special projects.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and students in person and on the phone with informational and directional questions;
- Provide routine circulation, study room, Course Reserves, interlibrary and intralibrary loan assistance;
- Provide users with information about library and institutional policies, services, and procedures;
- Perform circulation tasks: check books in and out, renew items, place holds, retrieve and process requested library items, and update patron records;
- Perform basic bibliographic searches;
- Assist with stacks maintenance: shelve, sort, inventory, and shift library materials;
- Search for missing volumes;
- Perform basic office support functions such as processing incoming mail, dusting, and straightening;
- Participate in library outreach efforts through library displays and blog posts;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and public service skills
- Consistent attention to detail and ability to sort alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to track and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 40 pounds
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 academic credits at the University of Washington or Cascadia College.
- General aptitude using computer software.
- Up to 19 ½ hours per week; schedule varies
- May include some evenings and weekends
Please note: Some appointments are temporary and may change from quarter to quarter, so please check here again next quarter!
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
General UW Libraries (Seattle) Student employment information : Employment Information for the UW Libraries