Skip to Main Content
All UW Libraries are CLOSED but online resources and support are available 24/7! Please see our COVID-Update page for reopening dates and hours starting in September. UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
Using UW Libraries Search to Find Books
You can find eBooks in two ways:
- Do your search and then on the results screen, filter your results by using the toolbar:
- Choose Availability: "Available Online" and Resource Type: "eBooks"
- And then click on the green "Apply Filters" button
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Change "Show Only" to "UW Libraries" and "Material Type" to "eBooks"
- See the eBook FAQ for more information
- By Topic - Type in the keywords that broadly describe your topic. For example: aids south africa history
- By Title - search for a specific book by title. Type in the first few words of the book title in quotations. For example: "monrovia modern"
- By Author - search for books written by a specific author. Type in the last name followed by the first name of the author in quotations. For example: "crane johanna"
Finding Books Beyond the UW
If you can't find the books you need at the UW or through our Summit partner libraries (Summit material can be found in UW Libraries Search), use the following catalogs. Books not available at the UW can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.