Skip to main content
Asian American Studies Centers
Selected list of Research Centers for the study of Asian American culture and history.
Asian and Asian American Institute
A multidisciplinary research and teaching program at the University of Connecticut.
Asian American Studies Center
Founded in 1969 at UCLA, the Center has played a critical role in developing Southern California's infrastructure of social service agencies, civil rights organizations, museums, historical societies, media and cultural groups, and business associations that serve and represent the Asian American and Pacific Islander population.
NYU Center for the Study of Asian American Health
The Center for the Study of Asian American Health (CSAAH) is a National Institute of Health (NIH) National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD) funded National Research Center of Excellence based in the Section for Health Equity within the Department of Population Health (DPH) at the New York University (NYU) School of Medicine.
Selected Resources - Asian American
- The Asian American almanac
- Includes more than 20 Asian American ethnic groups experiences, covering immigration patterns, culture, employment, and more.
- Asian American health
- This Web resource sponsored by the National Library of Medicine, is designed to increase public awareness of the health concerns of these important minority groups, who are major contributors to our society's economy, innovation, and vibrancy. Links are provided to an assortment of documents, web sites, databases, and other resources.
- Distinguished Asian Americans
- This biographical dictionary features profiles of 166 distinguished Asian Americans and their significant contributions to American society.
- The Encyclopedia of Japanese American history
- This reference source is organized into four sections: a historical overview by Gary Okihiro, a distinguished scholar of Japanese American history; a chronology of major events in Japanese American history; encyclopedic entries on significant individuals, organizations, events, and movements; and an annotated bibliography of 100 major works. The encyclopedia features more than 400 entries on a wide range of topics.
- Notable Asian Americans
- This source contains 250 biographical sketches on noteworthy Asian Americans, both living and deceased, from all fields of endeavor.