Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
Publications & Professional Contributions
- Hyokyoung Yi and Kyung Eun (Alex) Hur, “Using Data Visualization to Examine Translated Korean Literature”, Journal of East Asian Libraries, no. 165 (October 2017)
- Ko-ŭn Pan (Pen name of Hyokyoung Yi), Arŭl, 16-ilgan Ŭi Kiŏk : Pan Ko-ŭn Changp'yŏn Sosŏl 아를: 16일간의 기억 [Arles: 16 days in Arles and memory]. Sŏul-si : Pungnaep, 2016.
- Hyokyoung Yi, “University of Washington K-Manhwa Festival From Paper to Screen, 2015” Digital Manhwa Kyujanggak ManhwaZine, April. 6, 2015. http://www.komacon.kr/dmk/manhwazine/zine_view.asp?cateNum=410&seq=2278
- Hyokyoung Yi, Chapter 4. “Ask a Korean Studies Librarian and Other Reference Services”, Handbook for Korean Studies Librarianship Outside of Korea, Edited by the Committee on Korean Materials (CEAL). Seoul : The National Library of Korea, 2014. 340 p.
- Hyokyoung Yi, “Haeoe eso saso ka Hanguk ul mannal ttae: haeoe Hangukhak saso e taehan saenggak 해외에서 사서가 한국을 만날 때 : 해외 한국학 사서에 대한 생각” Tosogwan Munhwa, Seoul : Hanguk Tosogwan Hyophoe, 2014. V.55 no.3 (March 2014), pp. 31-35
- Hyokyoung Yi, Chaektul ui haengjin: chaekkori pyongpung ul ttuko koro naon 책들의 행진: 책거리 병풍을 뚫고 걸어나온 [The marching of the books], Seoul: Hanguk Tosogwan Hyophoe, 2014. 238 p.
- Noriko Asato, ed. Handbook for Asian Studies Specialists : a guide to research materials and collection building tools, California : ABC-CLIO, 2013. 466 p. (chapter on Korea, Humanities p.324-362)
- “Saram i isso to arumdaun tosogwan: Wosington Taehakkyko Hangukhak tosogwan 사람이 있어 더 아름다운 도서관: 워싱턴대학교 한국학도서관”[People making UW Libraries more beautiful], Chulp’an chonol 출판저널, no.444 (January 2013), pp.34-41
- Co-author with Yoon Jee Cho, “E-book collection development in East Asian Libraries: Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) Cases”, Journal of East Asian Libraries, no.155 (October 2012), pp. 37-44
- Edited by Philip A. Melzer and Hyokyoung Yi, Scholarly information on East Asia in the 21st century: papers presented at the IFLA WLIC Satellite Meeting, Seoul, Korea, August 18, 2006, Seoul: Korean Studies Information Co., 2007
- “Korean Collections Consortium of North America : Ten Years and After” Journal of East Asian Libraries, no.142 (June 2007), pp. 25-36
- “East Asia Library of the University of Washington: Korean collection continues to expand” Korea Foundation newsletter, v.13 no.1 (Feb 2004), pp.8-9
- “Miguk Tongasia Tosogwan Hyopbuihoe wa Hanguk Charyo Punkwa Wiwonhoe (미국동아시아도서관협의회와한국자료분과위원회= The Council of East Asian Libraries and the Committee on Korean Materials)” Tosogwan Munhwa(도서관문화), v.45 no.2 (2004, 2) pp.68-70
- “Chapter II: Collection development and Acquisitions” Korean Librarianship Outside of Korea: A practical guide and manual, Seoul: Asian Culture Press, 2002. pp.62-94
- “Korean Collection Consortium of North America” Chonguk Tosogwan Taehoe Chuje Palpyo Nonmunjip (전국도서관대회주제발표논문집=Proceedings of Annual Conference of Korean Library Association), Korean Library Association, 1999. pp.299-311
- Special Speaker, “Suggestions for Academic Libraries based on Ithaka s+r Research Project”, Annual Conference for the Korean University Libraries Association, Busan, Korea, June 21, 2018
- Panelist Presentation, “Ithaka s+r Research Project: Supporting Research Across East Asian Studies: Findings from a Large-Scale Qualitative Study”, Vice President Panel, CEAL, Washington, DC., March 21, 2018.
- Special Lecture on "US Academic Libraries and New Values" at the Annual Conference for Libraries Directors of the Korean Private Universities, Jeju, Korea. April 21, 2017
- Book talk “Book, Painting, Music and Travel” at Booksori in the East Asia Library, University of Washington, Jan. 14, 2017
- “James B. Palais Collection, University of Washington Special Collections”, Beyond the Book: A Conference on Unique and Rare Primary Sources for East Asian Studies Collected in North America, East Asia Library, Stanford University, July 1-2, 2015
- “Global Librarian and Global Library”, Ewha Womans University, June 3, 2014
- “Oversea Korean Studies Librarian, Author’s talk”, Seodamun Public Lee Jin Ah Memorial Library, May 30, 2014
- “E-book Survey: CJK cases”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Korean Materials, CEAL/AAS, Toronto, Canada, 2012
- “Collaborate to Preserve Local Treasures for Global Access: Initiatives to Catalog and Digitize CJK Special Collections at University of Washington” (the focus on Palais Project), PRDLA (Pacific Rim Digital Library Alliance), Los Angeles, 2011
- Co-Presenter, “The Roles and Meaning of the LCSH: What’s Our Prospects for LCSH?”, ALCTS CCS Cataloging and Classification Research Interest Group, 2010 American Library Association Annual Conference, Washington DC, 2010
- “Changing Roles of US Academic Libraries and Librarians”, Ceremony Marking the Ewha Womans University Library and Information Sciences Program’s 50th Founding Anniversary, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 2009
- “Reference Collection in English Materials for Korean Studies”, Workshop on Korean Librarianship, Pre-Conference of CEAL/AAS, Atlanta, 2008
- “WorldCat Local : Your Library Catalog and Beyond”, Annual Meeting of the OCLC CJK User Group, CEAL/AAS, Atlanta, 2008
- “Exhibit: Exploring Excellence in the Libraries”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Public Services, CEAL/AAS, Boston, 2007
- “Liberation Space and Time of Need, 1945-1950: An Exhibition of Rare Literary Works from the Korean Collection of the University of Washington Libraries”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Korean Materials, CEAL/AAS, San Francisco, 2006
- Organizer, “Roundtable: Electronic Resources and Korean Studies”, AAS, Chicago, 2005.
- Co-presenter, “Creating a Web Searchable TOC Database for Unique Korean Literary Serials from 1910-50”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Library Technology, CEAL/AAS, San Diego, 2004
- “TOC Database of Korean Literary Periodicals from 1910 to 1950”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Korean Materials, CEAL/AAS, San Diego, 2004
- “North Korean Library Delegation and their Visit to C.V. Starr East Asia Library at Columbia University”, Annual Meeting of the Committee on Korean Materials, CEAL/AAS, Washington D.C., 2002
- Co-instructor, “Workshop on Korean Librarianship”, CEAL/AAS, Chicago, 2001
- Panelist, “Round Table Discussion on Korean Librarianship and Korean Collection Consortium in the United States”, the Annual Conference of Korean Library Association, Kwangju, Korea, 1999
Korean Studies Librarian / Head, EAL Public Services