Tips for Searching:
Once you've run a search, use the "Refine My Results" options on the left side of the page. It's a quick way to drill down to the most useful results without paging through a lot of items you're not really interested in. Options often include:
1. Type your title or topic into UW Libraries Search.
2. If UW Tacoma Library does not own the book, click Availability & Request Options and choose the request options provided.
3. You will receive an email to your UW account when the items is ready to be picked-up at the Service Desk (library circulation) in the Tioga Library Building.
NOTE: Request options are different depending on the location of the resource and resource type.
All books in the UW Tacoma Library Stacks are located in the Tioga Library Building.
To retrieve the book, find the call number and write it down.
Tioga Building: First Floor
Tioga Building: Second Floor
1. Click Use the Library and choose Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Service from the dropdown menu on the UW Tacoma Library home page.
2. Click the Your ILL Account and enter your NetId and password.
3. Click a New Request option based on the type of resource you need.
NOTE: To request a journal article, click on Request a Scan.
4. Fill in all required fields for your request.
5. Click Submit Request.
NOTE: You will receive an email with a link to your requested materials when they are available.
1. Search for a book in UW Libraries Search as you would search for a print book.
2. On the left side of the results page, find the Resource Type box and refine your results by selecting Ebooks. Click the green Apply Filters button at the bottom of the page. By doing this, your results will include only ebooks.