Stacks Maintenance Student Assistant - $16.00 per hour - NO OPEN POSITIONS
Under the direct supervision of the Access Services Manager and Circulation Supervisor, provide stacks maintenance assistance, searches for and retrieves library materials, performs routine office support functions, and assists with other projects.
- Assist with stacks maintenance: shelve, sort, inventory, and shift library materials;
- Retrieves library materials from the collections when requested by library users;
- Searches for missing volumes;
- Identify and route damaged or mismarked materials to appropriate departments;
- Perform basic office support functions such as cleaning, dusting, and straightening;
- Processes document delivery and interlibrary loan requests;
- Receives, unpacks, sorts and delivers mail, gifts and other material;
- Assists in routine marking and processing of library materials
- Uses standard computer applications (word processing, database, telecommunications, web browsers) to perform library functions;
- Provides users with information about library policies, services, and procedures;
- Searches printed and online bibliographic tools in support of library processing activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistent attention to detail and ability to sort alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to track and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 40 pounds;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends;
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 academic credits at the University of Washington or Cascadia College.
- General aptitude using computer software
- Up to 19.5 hours per week; schedule varies
- May include some evenings and weekends
Please note: Some appointments are temporary and may change from quarter to quarter, so please check here again next quarter!
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
General UW Libraries (Seattle) Student employment information : Employment Information for the UW Libraries