The library has two Oral History/Digital Storytelling Kits available for check out. If you intend to deposit your oral history in the Library, we ask that you use the Zoom digital audio recorders to create your audio files and the DSLR camera to take a portrait of the person you interviewed.
To ensure that you get a good recording, please do the following:
- Reserve a kit through the Library's online form. Please wait to receive confirmation before coming to pick up and allow one business day for a response. Check out the kit at the Snoqualmie Building Library Service Desk.
- Check that Zoom H5 recorder is configured properly. It should be recording a WAV file at 96kHz/24bit.
- Do a practice recording and photograph prior to interview so that you are familiar with equipment.
- Conduct interview in a quiet room using the built-in microphones. You may want to assign one of your group members to monitor the recording levels during the interview. You want to keep the range between -12 dB and -6 dB. It is best to do this at the beginning of the interview.
- Remove the files from the memory cards and upload your Google Team Drive folder.
- Return the kit to the Library Service Desk in the Snoqualmie Building