Skip to Main Content

Social Work


If upon graduation from UW you become a licensed social worker in Washington State, you can access HEALWA, an on-call library of resources. You have to register with your Washington State license, and in approximately 2 days you will have access to HEALWA. Fees are paid through your licensing fees.


HEAL-WA logo

HEALWA assures affordable, anytime, online access to current, authoritative clinical information and educational resources to eligible health care practitioners in Washington State. They do this in partnership with the Washington State Department of Health.

If you are a member of one of 21 groups of health care practitioners licensed to practice in Washington State, you are fortunate! You have access to a collection of online databases (e.g., MEDLINE, CINAHL, Cochrane, DynaMed, Natural Medicines, Nursing Reference Center, Visual Dx, and more), over 200 electronic books and full-text articles from over 5000 journals through the HEALWA website. The professions that are eligible to access HEALWA include: Chiropractors, Dietitians, East Asian Medicine Practitioners, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, Licensed Practical Nurses, Massage Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Midwives, Naturopathic Physicians, Nutritionists, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Optometrists, Osteopathic Physicians and Osteopathic Physician Assistants, Physicians and Physician Assistants, Podiatrists, Psychologists, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists.

Please visit the HEALWA site for more information.