Measurement tools are instruments used by researchers and practitioners to aid in the assessment or evaluation of subjects, clients or patients. The instruments are used to measure or collect data on a variety of variables ranging from physical functioning to psychosocial wellbeing. Types of measurement tools include scales, indexes, surveys, interviews, and informal observations.
This guide will:
- Walk you through the process for finding measurement tools.
- Highlight resources that can answer questions about measurement tools.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an instructional guide. It may not help you find your specific test nor is it a direct link to the full-text of tests.
This guide will provide you with strategies to:
Assumptions About You
This guide assumes you have:
- Basic knowledge of the research terminology (e.g., variable, reliability, validity).
- General ability to read research articles.
- Some experience with database and web searching.