Skip to Main Content
Select Libraries are open. Online resources and support are available 24/7! Please see our COVID-Update page for reopening dates and hours starting in September. UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
Location of Materials
- Music Library is the primary location for music materials, and they are housed on two floors.
- The following materials are located upstairs:
- Scores with the exception of oversize scores
- Books from A to ML299 (with the exception of journals, ML1 and ML5)
- Rare books and scores (Staff will page the item for you)
- The following materials are located downstairs stacks and Listening Center
- Books from ML300 to Z
- Journals (bound and unbound) - ML1 and ML5
- Sound and video recordings
- Materials located off-site are indicated in the online catalog.
- Electronic resources may be found on the Music Research Guide.
- Microform collections (of music scores and books) are in the Microforms-Newspapers Section.
- Undergraduate books on popular music books are located at Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
- Some books on musical theater are at the Drama Library.
- Technical materials on acoustics and engineering are at the Engineering Library and the Built Environment Library.
- Some books on music therapy and medical aspects of music are at the Health Sciences Library.
- Older editions and some foreign language books on music are at the Allen Library.
- Archival Collections and some music manuscripts are in Special Collections - Musicians' letters and other textual manuscripts, historical files of the School of Music and autograph scores of some faculty composers.
- School of Music concert recordings should be paged from the Music Library.
- Ethnomusicology field recordings are housed at the Ethnomusicology Archive.
- Bothell and Tacoma libraries also collect music media materials as well as some books on music.