Skip to Main Content
Are you looking to use video as a course material?
To stream UW Libraries owned media as class material, there are a few options:
- The simplest option is to include links to the video's UW Libraries Search record in Canvas.
- It is tricky to schedule a viewing in a synchronous online showing, as many digitally licensed films are encrypted as not to work over Zoom- we encourage professors to utilize Canvas links instead.
- If you would like to have an in-person class showing, this is generally permitted when it comes to content we've licensed.
- Other content accessed via personal subscriptions (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) are subject to that platform's licensing restrictions, many of which prohibit classroom use.
- For physical media in our collections such as DVDs, fill out a Media Material Request Form to place the item on Course Reserves.
If UW Libraries does not have the media you're looking to use, you can fill out a Purchase Request Form.