Skip to Main Content
All Libraries are open with limited hours. Masks required, no eating allowed. Online resources and support are available 24/7 UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
Find Videos & Streaming Videos in the UW Libraries
A collection of documentaries, feature films, and television shows on DVD are available to browse and check out at the first floor of the Suzzallo Library and Odegaard Library's Must See Movies collection. Other media can be found through UW Libraries Search.
Follow these steps to locate videos in the UW Libraries.
2. Select the Show Only: Articles, Books, and More drop-down menu and select UW Libraries.
3. Type your title or topic into the search box. Select the Material Type drop-down menu and select Audio & Video. Search.
3. Select Show More to see the list of material types available in your search results.
4. Check the resource types you want to see and select Apply Filters. Choose the eAudio & eVideo option for streaming.
5. The items in your result list are identifiable by icon and heading (videocassette, DVD video, Evideo, etc.). Streaming video titles are indicated with the EVIDEO heading. Follow the links to request or access the video.
Faculty: Link to URLS for streaming videos in your course websites
To link to a UW Libraries licensed streaming video from your Canvas course, use the permalink (stable url) available in UW Libraries Search.
2. Click on the Title of the film.
3. Click on Permalink.
4. Click on the link to Copy the Permalink to Clipboard.
5. Paste the link into your Canvas course.