Manifold is a digital book publishing platform that allows you to upload multiple texts and embed interactive media elements into texts. See the Manifold at the University of Washington site for examples of UW uses of Manifold. Manifold is ideal for:
- Student reading groups, annotations, and collaborative critical editions of Public Domain texts.
- Uploading text-based scholarship (essays, poetry, etc.) and encouraging commenting through annotations or social media engagement.
- UWS Example: The Mill on the Floss: An Anthropocene Edition (ENG 440/529)
Pressbooks is a simple book production software. You can use Pressbooks to openly publish textbooks, scholarly monographys, syllabi and assignments, fiction and non-fiction books, white papers, and more in multiple formats. See examples of UW Pressbooks projects on the UW Libraries Pressbooks Publishing Platform. Pressbooks is ideal for:
- Students contributing chapters or sections to a whole text/project on an overall theme.
- Integrating media (images, video, audio) with text.
- UWT Example: Telling Our Stories (TCOM 347)