Skip to Main Content
Publications & Professional Contributions
- 2014-2017 presentations and publications... coming soon!
- Hornby, Amanda, George Clark, Dan Bedford, Sharon Moran, Julie Sweetkind-Singer, and Elizabeth Wallace. (April 2013) "Geographers in the Library: The New Landscape." Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting. Los Angeles, CA.
- Bussert, Leslie and Amanda Hornby. (October 2012) “We’re Teaching, But Are They Learning? The University of Washington Libraries Student Learning Goals & Outcomes Project.” Library Assessment Conference, Charlottesville, VA.
- Hornby, Amanda, Collins, Kathleen and Nichole Maiman Waterman. (October 2011) “RADical Redesign: Introducing college freshmen to Research and Discovery through online instruction.” Association of College & Research Libraries WA/OR Conference, Pack Forest, WA.
- Hornby, Amanda, Belanger, Jackie, Lam, Nia, Rowland, Dani and Beth Sanderson. (October 2011) “Off the RAILS! The Rubric Assessment of Information Literacy Skills (RAILS) Project at UW Bothell.” Association of College & Research Libraries WA/OR Conference, Pack Forest, WA.
- Davis, Anne and Amanda Hornby. (April 2011) “Listening to Undergraduate Voices: The University of Washington Libraries Student Advisory Committee.” Poster session, 2011 Association of College & Research Libraries Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Gardner, Benjamin and Amanda Hornby. (October 2010) “Cultural Research Methods: Teaching to Transform.” Race and Pedagogy Conference, Tacoma, WA.
- Belanger, Jackie and Amanda Hornby. (January 2010) “Beyond the basics: teaching students through experiential research.” Presentation, American Library Association Midwinter Conference, Boston, MA.
- Deutschler, Alyssa and Amanda Hornby. (May 2009) “Where do citations come from? Teaching the scholarly article through reflective practice.” Presentation, Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU) 2009 Conference: Reflections, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Hornby, Amanda. (June 2006) “The Media is the Message: Information Literacy Instruction through New Media.” Poster session, 2006 American Library Association Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Recent publications... coming soon!
- Hornby, Amanda and Anna Bjartmarsdottir Sveinbjornsson. (October 2008). “ACRL National Conference: Beyond Grunge: Engage in Seattle’s Real Music Scene.” C&RL News, 69(9).
- Hornby, Amanda and Julie Planchon Wolf. (August 2008). “Creating a Culture of Assessment: Cascadia Community College Student and Faculty Focus Groups.” Invited Conference Paper, 2nd Annual Library Assessment Conference Proceedings, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- Hornby, Amanda, Suzan Parker, and Kari Lerum. “Zines! Librarians and Faculty Engaging Students in Creative Scholarship.” Practical Pedagogy for Library Instructors: 17 Innovative Strategies to Improve Student Learning. Ed. Doug Cook and Ryan Sittler. Chicago: ACRL, 2008.
- Hornby, Amanda and Linda Whang. “Student Success and Retention in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education: A Selected Bibliography.” National Science Foundation CPATH: Building a Community to Revitalize Community College Undergraduate Computing Pathways, 2008.
- Odegaard Library Active Learning Classroom and Space Renovation Assessment Project, 2013-2015. Project Lead. Project focus: investigate student and faculty experiences in the Active Learning Classrooms, and student experience of library space and services.
- UW Libraries Student Focus Groups, 2013. Co-Project Lead. Project focus: investigated student research habits in different academic disciplines.
- UW Libraries Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Project, 2011-present. Co-Project Lead. Project focus: assess Libraries-wide student learning goals and outcomes through course-integrated information literacy instruction.
- UW Bothell/Cascadia Community College Student and Faculty Focus Groups, 2007-2009. Co-Principal Investigator. Project focus: investigated library space use and student learning support needs.