Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding and Managing the Literature
Contact Your Librarian
I'm happy to help you with things such as:
- Research Strategies and Database Searching
- Literature Reviews
- Citation Managers Like EndNote
- Tracking Down Difficult-to-Find Information or Publications
Key UW Libraries Resources
OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS TO LIBRARY RESOURCES
- When off-campus, use library links to databases (including PubMed) and journals. You'll be prompted to log in with your UW NetID to gain access to UW subscriptions. Learn more here.
- Consider setting up Husky OnNet for off-campus access.
GETTING TO FULL TEXT ARTICLES
General Search Techniques
||Retrieves items that contain both terms. Good for combining topics to narrow a search.
||tuberculosis AND resistance
||Retrieves items that contain at least one of the terms. Good for combining synonyms.
||antibacterial OR antibiotic
||Retrieves word variants, such as resist, resistant, resistance
||Retrieves the exact phrase contained by the quotation marks.
||Tells search system how to combine terms and in which order. [Article needs to mention "tuberculosis" and EITHER the phrase "drug resistant" or the phrase "drug resistance".
||tuberculosis AND ("drug resistant" OR "drug resistance")
Text on this page created by UW Libraries is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 license. Images and video are not included. See details