Skip to Main Content
All Libraries are open with limited hours. Masks required, no eating allowed. Online resources and support are available 24/7 UW Libraries Operations Updates
[Migrant workers in Burma, 2015, U.S. AID]
Starting Points / Top Resources
Social and public policy literature from periodicals, government documents, books, and other sources.
World Bank e-Library
Books and other publications from the World Bank. Includes literature on development, agriculture, health, and more.
Using this guide
This guide can help you locate resources on topics related to international development. Use the menu on the left to find different kinds of resources, such as:
- Sources to gain background information or an overview of a topic.
- Databases and websites to find scholarly publications, policy reports, and program evaluations.
- Directories and search tools for inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Global datasets and statistics, including some analysis and visualization tools.
- Reference information and international development resources about specific countries and regions.
- Resources focused on major development topics, including Agriculture and nutrition, Development economics, Environment and climate, Gender, Global health and demography, Governance, Law and Human Rights, and Migration.
Many thanks to UW iSchool graduate student Julia Hon for creating this guide.
Political Science and Public Policy Librarian