Skip to main content
What's in the Guide
Use this guide to locate resources pertinent to the study of American literature, history, and culture. If you have questions about research methodology or specific resources for a research project, please contact the English Studies Librarian directly or use the "Ask Us" options above for assistance.
- Finding Books - resources for finding early American books.
- Encyclopedias & Dictionaries - specialized reference resources for the study of American literature.
- Finding Scholarly Journals - resources for locating scholarship on Colonial literature to 19th century and American history.
- Finding Primary Resources - resources for finding online journals, magazines, and newspapers published in the U.S. from the 1700s through early 20th Century.
- Websites- that provide secondary and primary resources.
- More English Resources - resources pertinent to the study of British and American literature, other literatures written in English, and the English language.