Skip to Main Content
All Libraries are open with limited hours. Masks required, no eating allowed. Online resources and support are available 24/7 UW Libraries Operations Updates
What's in the Guide
Use this guide to locate resources pertinent to the study of American literature, history, and culture. If you have questions about research methodology or specific resources for a research project, please contact Faye directly or use the "Ask Us" options above for assistance.
- Finding Primary Resources- resources for finding online journals, magazines, and newspapers published in the U.S. from the early 20th Century to present
- Finding Books - resources for finding contemporary American books.
- Encyclopedias & Dictionaries - specialized reference resources for the study of American literature.
- Finding Scholarly Journals - resources for locating scholarship oncontemporary literature to 20th century and current events.
- Websites- that provide secondary and primary resources.
- More English Resources - resources pertinent to the study of British and American literature, other literatures written in English, and the English language.