Skip to Main Content
I'm Your Librarian!
As the Fine and Performing Arts Librarian at UW-Seattle, I liaise with the School of Art + Art History + Design, School of Drama, and the Department of Dance. Below are some examples of how we can work together. If you would like to make a research appointment with me, please use the "Schedule Appointment" button on under my contact information. If you would like to grab tea or coffee to talk about your research work and library needs, please reach out! Please e-mail me at madds [at] uw.edu if you have any questions.
How I Can Help You
For students, I can:
- Meet with you for a one-on-one research consultation to jump start your research (use the "Schedule Appointment" button)
- Help you navigate the complex web of library resources available to support you and your research
- Answer your questions via email, phone, in-person, or virtually via Zoom; I'm flexible!
- Talk with you about library resources, spaces, and services
- Speak at your student organization events about library services and research strategies
For faculty and instructors, I can:
- Speak to your classes (invite me to your classroom!). I'm happy to introduce students to research tools and strategies, and show them how best to use the library. I can provide a brief library orientation, or teach longer workshops depending on your course goals.
- Create a Canvas page tailored to class assignments or to provide information about library resources
- Discuss ways to best incorporate research skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Purchase books and other materials needed for your research - please e-mail me your suggestions!
- Meet with your students individually
- Track down tricky citations
- Do a quick literature review
- Act as a liaison communicating the department's concerns and needs to library administration
- Meet informally to chat about your research, work, and teaching priorities. This helps me better understand how I can support you!
Here are a few subject area guides that will be helpful for students looking for research help, or for instructors to use in their classes:
Fine and Performing Arts Librarian
UW Subject Librarians
Make an appointment with subject experts for personal in-depth help
Get help by phone, online, via email or text message
Quick instructions and short video tutorials on common library-related tasks and questions