Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
This guide is provides supplementary materials for participants in the Nuts and Bolts of Scholarly Publishing workshops -- but is also intended for anyone in the university community who is interested in learning more about scholarly publishing. In this guide, you will find information, guidance, and links to resources on:
- Evaluating Academic Journals:
- Fit: Determining whether a journal is a good fit for your research;
- Impact: Assessing the impact of a journal, including citation-based impact factors, altmetrics, and the impact of open access journals;
- Quality: Considering how a journal relates to standards in the scholarly community, including avoiding deceptive practices.
- Journal Contracts and Copyright:
This guide and the accompanying workshop materials were created by Rochelle Lundy and Julia Hon, University of Washington iSchool class of 2018.