To find out if the library has your textbook, search for it in the catalog or in our Course Reserves system.
1. Type the textbook title, surrounded by quotes, into UW Libraries Search. As you type the title, you will see that you can search Course Reserves. Alternatively, you can click the down arrow next to Library Resources and change it to Course Reserves.
Tip: If you can't remember the textbook title, try searching with the course number and/or name. Ex: ANTH 322.
3. Type your course number OR your instructor's last name (i.e. "Math 124" or "Chen.")
4. Click your specific Course Number and Name, OR your Course Instructor to refine your results.
Tip: If you do not see your course or instructor, you may have to click on Show More.
5. Click Availability Options under the title of your textbook.
Tip: Location will tell you which library or libraries have a copy of the book. If the location says Closed Reserve, you will need to ask for the textbook at the circulation desk.
6. Click on Request button and select a location to pick up the book from.