To find out if the library has your textbook, search for it in the catalog or in our Course Reserves system.
1. Type the textbook title, surrounded by quotes, into UW Libraries Search.
2. Alternatively, if you believe that your textbook has been put "on reserve" for your class, you can search by clicking on Course Reserves from the UW Libraries home page.
3. Type your course number, OR your instructor's last name (i.e. "Math 124" or "Chen.")
4. Click your specific Course Number and Name, OR your Course Instructor to refine your results.
Tip: If you do not see your course or instructor, you may have to click on More options.
5. Click Availability & Request Options under the title of your textbook.
Tip: Location will tell you which library or libraries have a copy of the book. If the location says Closed Reserve, you will need to ask for the textbook at the circulation desk.
Watch a Video (1:26)