Skip to main content
I am the Libraries' liaison to the Department of Psychology, the Department of Bioengineering (with Christina Byrne); the graduate programs in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Molecular Engineering, and Neuroscience; and the science librarians' liaison to the Population Health Initiative. I also provide support for the life sciences research community in general.
If you're a student, postdoc, research scientist, research administrator, faculty member, or other UW affiliate, and you'd like assistance, please contact me. I'm happy to work with you by email, phone, Zoom, or in person.
How I Can Help You
For students, I can:
- Work with you one-on-one to help you develop your research skills and use literature databases effectively.
- Help you find information you need for assignments, literature reviews, lab work, & other purposes.
- Help you with citation management tools like EndNote, Mendeley, & Zotero.
- Help you find full-text articles, books, and other materials.
- Recommend ways to monitor the literature on an ongoing basis.
For instructors, I can:
- Provide library content for your Canvas course.
- Create a webpage tailored to a class assignment or scholarly project.
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a guest lecture or workshop.
- Meet with your students individually to help with literature reviews and class projects.
For researchers, I can:
- Discuss ways to improve your system for monitoring the literature.
- Help you effectively use resources such as PubMed, Web of Science, PsycInfo, Google Scholar, & databases outside your discipline.
- Assist with systematic reviews and other literature reviews.
- Assist with literature searches in support of grant applications, IACUC protocols, presentations, & research challenges.
- Help you with citation management tools such as EndNote, Zotero, & Mendeley.
- Teach a workshop tailored to your group's needs.
- Discuss strategies for documenting and describing the impact of your research or a group's research.
- Help you with publishing questions on topics like reputable & predatory journals, preprints, and open access.
- Help you with grant-related questions on topics like biosketches, SciENcv, & the NIH public access policy.
- Talk with you about scholarly profiles and platforms like ORCID, Google Scholar and ResearchGate.
- Track down difficult-to-find information -- I love a challenge!