Skip to Main Content
UW Libraries Search System Transition
Our vendor has scheduled an upgrade to the UW Libraries Search catalog, for June 13th, 2022. The catalog will be offline the entire day on June 13th. Some changes will launch with the initial upgrade and others will come slowly over the next year.
New features available upon June upgrade
- New records will populate into the catalog much more quickly
- Item availability windows will load faster
- The Search-Inside feature will allow users to search for articles within journal titles
- The Journals Browse feature will incorporate both print and electronic materials
Action is required to preserve your saved data in UW Libraries Search
Although many of the same features will be available in the new system, permalinks and most of your saved data will not be migrated over automatically, as outlined below. You must take steps to capture your saved data before June 13 so that you can re-enter them into your account in the new system. This guide provides instructions to save your impacted data.
- Items in My Favorites > Saved Records will be migrated automatically for each account. No action is required.
- If you are using Permalinks for items in the catalog, these links will not redirect you to the upgraded system. We suggest you save individual items to the My Favorites menu for easy access post-upgrade. For example: if you have items linked from the catalog in Canvas these will need to be changed.
- Items in My Favorites > Saved Searches and Search Alerts will not be migrated. Search alerts will need to be turned off prior to the upgrade. If you wish to keep your saved searches, please copy them outside of the catalog by June 12, 2022, so that you can re-enter them after the upgrade. If you don’t wish to preserve your saved queries, no action is necessary.
- Ensure your bookmarks to UW Libraries Search use this URL: https://search.lib.uw.edu/