Skip to main content
Using UW Libraries Search to Find Books
You can find eBooks in two ways:
- Do your search and then on the results screen, filter your results by using the toolbar:
- Choose Availability: "Available Online" and Resource Type: "eBooks"
- And then click on the green "Apply Filters" button
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Change "Show Only" to "UW Libraries" and "Material Type" to "eBooks"
- See the eBook FAQ for more information
- By Topic - Type in the keywords that broadly describe your topic. For example: refugees european union
- By Title - search for a specific book by title. Type in the first few words of the book title in quotations. For example: "globalization europeanization and the end"
- By Author - search for books written by a specific author. Type in the last name followed by the first name of the author in quotations. For example: "lang sabine"
Use the "Material Type" option in UW Libraries Search to limit your search results to eBooks. Additional collections of eBooks can be found on eBook Collections guide. The following collections have strong history content:
Browsing Western Europe
The UW Libraries arranges books by Library of Congress call numbers. Though history is covered in every discipline (e.g., French women's history may be located in the women's studies call numbers while the medical history may be in the medicine call numbers), the major sections for European history are listed below.
||Allen S 3
||Allen S 3
For a more specific breakdown of the call numbers see the Library of Congress Classification Online.