Skip to main content
There are 2 approaches that you can use to find articles in professional journals:
1. Use the "Articles" tab to find an ARTICLE DATABASE to search a large number of journals all at once.
2. Use the "E-Journals" tab to go a SINGLE PUBLICATION directly and search for articles within that publication.
Find Real Estate Articles
Explore Census Data
Census and survey data about the United States, Puerto Rico and the Island Areas. (American FactFinder
will be retired in early 2020)
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
Index to publications in architecture, urban design, urban planning, interior design, and historic preservation from 1741 to present.
Business Source Complete
Magazines, newspapers and journals in all business disciplines.
Scholarly articles, books, dissertations, working papers and book reviews on economics. 1886-present.
Industry profiles for U.S., China, and worldwide sectors.
Articles from major newspapers and legal publications.
Journal of Plannng Literature
Indexes 400+ journals and provides comprehensive coverage of the city and regional planning literature. Browse and Search functions.
Provider: Sage Publications
Extensive information on U.S. and international public companies, including financials, stock, properties, and SEC filings.
ProQuest Statistical Insight
Index to governmental and private statistical data.
Article Databases in Related Fields
General Article Databases
Academic Search Complete
Scholarly articles and general interest sources in all fields.
Web of Science
Citation index for the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Digital library of books and journals scanned by a partnership of major research institutions and libraries. During the closure of the Libraries due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) permits special access for UW faculty, students, and staff to specific digital materials in HathiTrust that correspond to physical books held by UW Libraries. To access these materials, you must log into HathiTrust with the yellow log in button.
See our HathiTrust Guide
Peer Reviewed Articles
Some article databases provide a limiting feature that will select results appearing only in peer-reviewed journals;
UW Libraries Search (below) has a peer-review feature on its column of results limiters.
Other databases that have peer review limiting:
- Ebsco Academic Search Complete (General)
- All other Ebsco databases such as America: History and Life (History), Philosopher's Index (Philosophy), PsycInfo (Psychology), and ERIC (Education
- All Proquest databases such as MLA International Biography (English) and PAIS (Political Science)
- All titles in JSTOR and Project Muse are peer-reviewed.