Skip to Main Content
Selected eBooks in Latinx History
You can find eBooks in two ways:
- Do your search and then on the results screen, filter your results by using the toolbar:
- Choose Availability: "Available Online" and Resource Type: "eBooks"
- And then click on the green "Apply Filters" button
- Use the Advanced Search option
- Change "Show Only" to "UW Libraries" and "Material Type" to "eBooks"
- See the eBook FAQ for more information
- By Topic - Type in the keywords that broadly describe your topic. For example: "cuban americans" history
- By Title - search for a specific book by title. Type in the first few words of the book title in quotations. For example: "nostros the hispanic"
- By Author - search for books written by a specific author. Type in the last name followed by the first name of the author in quotations. For example: "gamboa erasmo"
History eBook Collections
Additional collections of eBooks can be found on eBook Collections guide. The following collections have strong history content:
Finding Books Beyond the UW
If you can't find the books you need at the UW or through our Summit partner libraries (Summit material can be found in UW Libraries Search), use the following catalogs. Books not available at the UW can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Browsing Latinx History
The UW Libraries arranges books by Library of Congress call numbers. Though Latino/a/x history is covered in under various subjects (e.g., there will be Latinx history in the women's history call numbers, the urban history call numbers, etc.) the major section for Latinx history is listed below.
For a more specific breakdown of the call numbers see the Library of Congress Classification Online.