Skip to main content
Individual study space @ Research Commons now available by reservation. All other Libraries spaces are closed. Online resources and support are available 24/7! UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates
"Library Owned" Hosted Videos
There are some on-going difficulties with accessing "library owned" videos hosted on the Kanopy platform.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Clear your browser history/cache. You may have done this already, but it needs to be done again.
- If you are off campus using HuskyOnNet, turn it off. Use your internet directly.
- From the Articles & Research Databases list, select Kanopy.
- This should take you to the UW NetID authentication page where you then sign in.
- After you sign in with your UW NetID, it should take you to the Kanopy sign-in page. Click the red LOG IN TO WASHINGTON button at the bottom of the page (not the small Log In box at the right).
- This will take you to a page that says Access Kanopy Through Your University. Click the red LOG IN TO WASHINGTON button.
- This should fully authenticate you on the Kanopy platform and take you to the home page.
- Search for the video in the search bar at the top of the page.
- The video should play. If it doesn't, please contact Ask Us! and send a screen shot of what you see at this point.