You can import and export bibliographic entries from Zotero to EndNote, Mendeley, and RefWorks.
Moving Your Library From Zotero to a New Citation Tool
To save your Zotero library, click "File" and choose "Export Library." Choose RIS as the file type and pick a filename.
- To import your Zotero library to EndNote, click "File" and then "Import." Click the "Choose File" button and select the file you just exported from Zotero. Set Import Option to "Reference Manager (RIS)" and click Import.
- To import to Mendeley, click "File," then "Import," then RIS file.
- To import to RefWorks, click the plus sign and choose "Import References."
Moving Your Library From Another Citation Tool to Zotero
- To export your EndNote library for use in Zotero, click "File" and then "Export." Set the output style to "RefMan (RIS) Export" and save it as a text file.
- To export your Mendeley library, select all your sources, then click "File," then "Export."
- To export your RefWorks library, select the "Share & Export" button and "Export References."
In Zotero, click "File" and choose "Import." The new references will be added to a collection named "Imported" followed by the date and time.