Zotero (pronounced "zoh-TAIR-oh") helps you collect, manage, and cite research sources. It's easy to use, accessible within your web browser where you do your work, and best of all it's free! Zotero allows you to attach PDFs, notes, and images to your citations. It also allows you to organize them into collections for different projects, and create bibliographies using Word or OpenOffice.
To start using Zotero, follow these steps:
1. Quit/Close Microsoft Word (if it's open)
2. Go to www.zotero.org and click the red button
3. Download Zotero for Mac or Windows
4. Install the Connector for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
5. Register for your online account at www.zotero.org by clicking the blue "register" button in the top right corner
6. Start Zotero on your desktop
7. Link your online account:
Mac: Zotero -- Preferences -- Sync
PC: Tools -- Preferences -- Sync
8. Open Microsoft Word and check for the Zotero tab - this should have installed automatically (If it didn't, you can go to Zotero -- Preferences -- Cite -- Word Processors -- Install Microsoft Word Add-in)
Now you're ready to start saving sources!